Marketing automation sounds like a marketers dream. Automation. Set it and let it run. Get all of the metrics you ever thought you’d need. Justify your spend. Ease the burden on your team. Send quality leads to sales. Happy sales people equals more revenue. Rinse and repeat.
Sounds wonderful, right?
Maybe we should start with what exactly marketing automation is. This is a great article about what marketing automation is and what it isn’t. In a nutshell, it’s for organizations that need visibility into how their marketing is performing – and marketing is viewed as a crucial component to revenue-generation.
If you’ve thought any of the following over the past 12 months, maybe it’s time to investigate a marketing automation platform:
- Ugh – I have all of these leads from that trade show last month and don’t have an easy way to follow up with them
- We do social, we do email, we do content, we do video. We’ve got all the platforms doing all the things. But I can’t tell if it’s making a difference
- My sales team doesn’t have a good way to prioritize the leads they are getting from marketing – help!
- MailChimp is fine. But I want to track my results to another level – how do I know exactly where people are in the buying journey? What have they viewed on my site, when and how often?
- My team of 2 isn’t big enough for the number of customer interactions I know we should be doing – I can’t keep doing this stuff manually.
Not sure? Contact us. We can help you determine if you’re ready to adopt marketing automation – and, bonus, as a HubSpot Certified Agency Partner, we can help you implement from A-to-Z.